Sorry, but I think there will be a lot of stuff in here. I try to keep them all brief.
End of Quarter Next Week
The second quarter ends on Thursday. (No school on Friday) All work must be completed since all grades will be calculated on Friday. Students were told about all of their missing assignments today and that they should really stay focused next week.
Pancake Supper
Less than one week! Please consider volunteering for a shift for set-up, kitchen, servers, or clean-up. At the very least, come and eat! How could a person stay away? It's inconceivable!
Substitute on Monday
I will not be here on Monday morning. I am taking a personal day (half-day) to travel home from Green Bay. Yes, the rumors are true. I have a ticket to the Packer game. Rather than drive home in the middle of the night, in sub-zero temeratures, by myself, I'm going to spend the night with friend in Appleton and come back by noon. (Hopefully a very happy man.)
Snow Sculpture Tomorrow
Yes, it's going to be freezing, but the snow sculpture competition will go on...as far as I have heard. Consider coming to help Mr. Betts and Mrs. Macomber. The competition has been moved to the Centrailia Center (the old Wal-Mart) so people can go inside and warm up.
Social Studies Test
We took a SS test earlier in the week. There was an opportunity to earn 8 extra credit points. I was surprised - and disappointed - at how many children didn't even attempt the extra credit. Some didn't even turn in the sheet with the test. Doing the extra credit was their choice, but I still think doing the extra credit was the correct choice.
The Upcoming Week
Memory - At Home: Q2W8 slips due Thursday. At School: 1. Close of the commandments, first half. 2. Close of the commandments, second half.
Religion - Jesus the healer.
Reading - Look to the North.
English - Special writing assignment on Monday, complete final copy of how-to paragraph or paragraph of information.
Math - Adding and subtracting numbers with 4 or 5 digits, division facts, division with remainders, calendars, rounding to 1000s.
Science - The Solar System.
Social Studies - The Great Lakes States.
Spelling - SPELLING LIST UNIT 16 Students are required to write the abbreviation, not the entire word. Pres. (President), Dr. (Doctor), Ave. (Avenue), Hwy. (Highway), Rd. (Road), St. (Street), Fri. (Friday), Sat. (Saturday), Sept. (September), Dec. (December), tsp. (teaspoon), lb. (pound) Extra words: Wed. (Wednesday), Gov. (Governor), Mt. (Mount), Dr. (Drive)