Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday, 3/7 Newsletter Updates

I'm Back At School
I made it back to school today. When I woke up this morning my bedroom wasn't spinning so I figured the classroom wouldn't be spinning either. And it's not! With all the different Lutheran Schools Week activities that have been going on and with various teachers in the room, much of the morning has been spent figuring out what has and hasn't been done. Next week looks like a normal schedule week again so we'll get back on track.

I have a pile of papers to be graded. A number of students have been absent this week, so I'll have to figure out what I have and don't have from people. Hopefully on Monday we'll have everything all straightened out and back to normal.

Stay Healthy
Whatever you can do to stay healthy, make it happen. There have been numerous people absent from fourth grade, and we're not the only class. Hopefully whatever this is will run its course quickly and we'll all be healthy again.

The Upcoming Week
Memory - At Home: Q3W7 Slips At School: Prayer After Meals and Prayer at the Beginning of the School Day. Some students still need to get caught up. In some cases, the effort to get caught up with late work means that the current week's work isn't getting done.

Religion - More of Jesus's healings.

Reading - Main idea and details, The Case of Pablo's Nose, summarizing, In the Days of King Adobe.

English - Informative composition.

Math - Division, finding information, turn/flip/slide (rotation/reflection/translation), fraction of a set.

Science - Keeping the digestive, circulatory, and nervous systems healthy.

Social Studies - Finish the Southwest Desert States.

Spelling - UNIT 23 addition, sadness, lovable, endless, handful, plentiful, breathless, happiness, solution, careful, function, stillness Extra Words: information, celebration, capable, available