Friday, June 6, 2008

Oops! I forgot something!

Okay, actually I forgot more than one thing.

I forgot #1 - I was supposed to write on everyone's report card whether or not students are promoted to fifth grade. So to eliminate all your fears, YES, you all passed fourth grade!

I forgot #2 - I had a letter from Mr. Betts that was supposed to get handed out yesterday with report cards, but they mysteriously remained in my bag. I did catch some of you before you left, but for everyone else, here's the informtion. There's the letter, information on a new student referral program, and a reminder of an upcoming volunteer opportunity. It won't look the same below, but all the text is the same.


6-5-2008

Dear Parents,

What a blessing it has been to have your family part of Immanuel Lutheran School this year. I hope that you have seen how your child and family has been transformed through the year. God has been at work in many areas at Immanuel and my prayer is that Jesus will continue to be the center of your family.

Next year Immanuel will celebrate 125 years of education with the theme “He is the Vine We are the Branches” which is from John 15. Here is where you become a very important part of this theme for next year. I am sure that you are all aware of the closing of Biron Christian Academy. I have talked to the principal Cheryl Ver Hulst about the situation and she has shared with the families at Biron Christian Academy that Immanuel Lutheran School is one option for their families to receive a Christian education.

As parents of the school you are a great resource to the school by being an advocate to promote to families in our community the benefits of attending Immanuel. Please encourage them to consider sending their child to our school this fall. You are all branches in this community and have the ability to inform families first hand of how they can benefit academically, physically, and spiritually through attending Immanuel. One challenge that has limited families from considering attending Immanuel has been the cost. Please encourage them to talk to me about how they can receive a scholarship to attend Immanuel.

I would also encourage you to refer any names of prospective families to the school in which I can contact to provide more information about the benefits of attending Immanuel Lutheran School. There is also an incentive program for you that is on the back of this letter.

Thanks again for a wonderful year and may God bless you this summer as you continue to transform lives around you.

In His Service,

Brian Betts


Immanuel Lutheran School Referral Program

Get FREE SCRIP for referring NEW Families to Immanuel Lutheran School

Did you know that talking about products and services that you have benefited from is the MOST EFFECTIVE form of advertising?

By talking with area families convincingly and positively about Immanuel, You can earn FREE MONEY!

Here’s what you could talk about . . .
A.) The High Academic Achievements of the Students
B.) The freedom to talk about Jesus, All Day, Every Day
C.) The Extra-curricular Activities
D.) The Teachers

After attending Immanuel Lutheran School for six months, the “New Family” will be given a $25 SCRIP Gift Certificate! The “Referring Family” will also be given a $25 SCRIP Gift Certificate!

What REALLY happens?
1.) A new family is blessed (eternally!) by Immanuel
2.) Existing Immanuel families are blessed by the talents and the gifts of the new family
3.) FREE money goes to the Families PLUS the School!


SPECIAL PROJECT: We are looking for painters to do some inside and outside paint jobs at our school. The plan is to work on this the week of June 23 – 27th. Please contact Greg Johnson or the school office if you are able to help with this project.