Monday and Tuesday
I will be gone on Monday and Tuesday in Little Rock, Arkansas, and Mrs. Weiss will be our substitute. Mr. Betts and I thought she'd be a great sub - she knows the kids, the school, the families, and the Lord. She and I have met twice leading up to this discussing how things roll in fourth grade. (AND she's already finished Frindle.)
(Just in case you'd like to see what I'll be doing, click here to see information about the conference.)
Special Program Next Friday, October 17
Everyone is cordially invited (sounds impressive!) to attend a presentation at school next Friday at 2:30 in Kuechle Hall. All students in grades K-4 will share a short presentation or demonstration on the value of fluency in reading. There will be reader's theater and books read aloud and all variety of impressive stuff done by the children. (Don't expect each child to get 10 minutes of spotlight, however.) Fourth grade parents attending will be ... uh, I mean ... could be asked to participate in our demonstration. (Don't worry, nothing painful. And don't forget, I'm one of you.)
Afterward there will be time for socializing with other families from the school. It should be a fun time. Feel free to stick around until the end of the day and your and your child can leave together.
If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks!
Spelling and Memory
Spelling lists and Q1W7 memory slips are in students' mailboxes. Sorry I didn't have them yesterday.
FIELD TRIPS COMING!!! FIELD TRIPS COMING!!!
We have two field trips coming soon! The first will be our trip to the cranberry marsh on Tuesday, October 21. We will be visiting B & R Cranberries in Nekoosa to see how harvest is done. (This is still in the planning stages...but it looks like a go.) We will need 3-4 drivers for that morning and possibly the afternoon. There should be no charge for this trip.
The second field trip coming is our trip to the Central Wisconsin Environmental Station. This trip is Wednesday and Thursday, November 5-6. Less than four weeks! We will need drivers to get us there on Wednesday morning and to pick us up on Thursday afternoon. The cost of this trip is around $45. Tons of information will be coming home next week. If you have questions, wait until that information comes home. Then if you still have questions, let me know. :-)