Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday, 11/30 Newsletter Updates

Welcome to Jordan
On Monday Jordan joined our class. No, not that Jordan, but a new student. So far we are trying to figure out what to call both of them now. Jordan S. and Jordan C.? New Jordan and Old Jordan? Maybe just use middle names? I guess we'll wait and see on that, but we certainly welcome him to Immanuel nevertheless! (And today is his birthday! Happy 10th, Jordan!)

Basketball Teams
Congratulations to the girls for winning their game last night! The boys, however, lost a squeaker. I was able to watch some of both games and it was exciting. When I left I thought both teams were on their way to W's. If both teams play like I say, I'm sure there will be more W's than L's in the future!

Next Week
It is shaping up to be a pretty normal week. No jury duty, no schedule quirks, no extras. Who knows what twists and turns the Lord has in store for us, but right now none of them are on my calendar. Enjoy the weekend!

The Upcoming Week
Memory - At Home: Quarter 2 Week 3 Slips At School: Christmas Program lyrics. We are practicing at school, and I'll assign them as we go.

Religion - We are moving up in the book to study the works on Jesus during his ministry on earth.

Reading - Charlotte's Web, theme, How to Babysit and Orangutan.

English - Compound sentences, clauses.

Math - Fractions of a dollar, fractions and mixed numbers on a number line, more multiplication facts.

Science - Finish chapter 1 on weather.

Social Studies - Finish Chapter 2 on the Atlantic Coast and Appalachian states.

Spelling - Unit 11: ground, frown, downtown, bounced, council, about, scout, counter, background, amount, bound, shower Additional words: mountain, county, cloud, south Bonus words: thousand, allowance