It's been a relatively quiet week, what with it being the Christmas season and all. All that is about to change next week...
Christmas Program
Rehearsals - We will be having all school rehearsals each day next week.
Program - Performances are on Thursday at 1:00 and 6:00.
Christmas Party and Gift Exchange
The class Christmas party is next week on Friday, and it will be in the afternoon. Yes, there will be a gift exchange as in past years. Please keep gifts under $5. It's not meant to be I-got-the-greatest-gift-in-history. More like What-can-I-get-to-spread-a-little-joy-to-my-classmates.
THE LIST
I have done this in past years, and we are doing it again next week. THE LIST! I have randomly selected names for the gift exchange as to whom the gifts are delivered (boys to boys, girls to girls) and hidden the list somewhere in the room. Each day the class will get clues. A bunch of them! The clues will lead them toward the list.
The Upcoming Week
Memory - Last of the Christmas program.
Religion - Christmas Program practice.
Reading - Christmas stories.
English - Complex Sentences
Math - Decimals, subtracting across zeros (regrouping)
Science - Finish Chapter 2.
Social Studies - Finish Chapter 6.
Spelling - Unit 13: boiled, annoyed, choices, poison, employer, joining, spoiled, voices, destroyed, pointing, avoided, enjoying Additional words: noisy, choir, employee, voyage Bonus words: appointed, poisonous