Thursday, December 6, 2007

Recommended Reading


Parents, if you haven't heard, Brett Favre was named Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year for 2007. Yes, of course I'm a Packer fan, so this thrills me. But if you don't get Sports Illustrated and haven't read the article or if you thought, "Good for him...I got dishes to do," or "Just what I need, another sports story," then I want to encourage you to take 20 minutes and read the article. It is about 10% football and 90% heart. I learned things I never knew.


There are some references to his wilder days, and some things that just aren't for the kids, but I would read it aloud to the class (selectively edited as I read) if I felt I could do it without choking up. Seriously. A great article. Here's the link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/magazine/specials/sportsman/2007/12/03/sportsman.2007/index.html?eref=T1. I also have a print version if you'd like. Let me know if you'd like a copy.