Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November Book Order

First, a couple notes for parents.
  • The book order is due on Friday, 11/14.
  • Cash and checks both work, but a check to the book order company works best for me.
  • Since the Christmas season is coming, I can keep orders secret for you. (I won't tell the kids this, and I'm willing to stretch the truth for you. No BIG lies, however!)

And now, books I can recommend from the November book order.

  • The City of Ember
  • Knee-Knock Rise
  • Chronicles of Narnia
  • Number the Stars
  • The 39 Clues, Book One: The Maze of Bones (our current read-aloud)
  • The Kid Who Became President
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Books 1 & 2

And now, books I know something about or by authors I am familiar with, but haven't read. Yet.

  • The Homework Machine
  • Miracle on 49th Street
  • Magical Girls Trio - I have read Princess Acadamy, but not the other two.
  • Main Street Series
  • Snot Stew - Dick King-Smith write enjoyable animal stories.
  • Deltora Quest Boxed Set - I've heard that it is a fun adventure/fantasy series.
  • The Shadow Children Collection - potentially tough for fourth graders, but again, I've heard that it is very exciting and adventurous.