Field Trip
What a great trip! First of all, it poured rain while we were driving. When we turned left on Hwy G in Nekoosa, there was an amazing blue sky, and when we turned right on Batterman Road, the sun came out. What a blessing! Be sure to ask (if you haven't gotten an earful already) about the cranberry harvest and the cheese factory. We also had a great variety of cheeses and cranberries to eat. Enjoy the cranberries! Let me know if the recipes worked out.
An Apology
When I planned the field trip, the first call I made was to the cheese factory. Thursday was a day they said would work, and that day also worked for the cranberry marsh. I completely forgot about band that day. So, band students and parents, I apologize for making you miss a lesson. I should have scheduled the trip for a different day, but it totally slipped my mind, and for that I apologize.
Book Order
The October book order will be due next week on Wednesday, October 24.
Here are some books I can recommend. By no means are these the only good books available. This is simply meant to be a starting point for you in your shopping.
- Lunch Money - Andrew Clements is one of my all-time favorite authors.
- Flush - A future read aloud. Students may want their own copy.
- The Good Dog - The story is told by the dogs in a neighborhood.
- Lawn Boy - Start mowing lawns, end up rich in the stock market and investing in a prize-fighter.
- A Wrinkle in Time - An all-time classic by a Christian author.
- The Giver - Might be hard for 4th grade, but parents, you would love it.
- Igraine the Brave - I haven't read it yet, but I certainly can recommend the author.
- Inkheart/Inkspell - A father, when he reads aloud, somehow magically "reads" characters alive...and real people become characters in the books. This switching is the conflict as characters are trapped in stories that aren't their own.
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing - First in the "Fudge" series.
- Roald Dahl Pack - Very funny author.
- Little House Box Set - If you haven't read the Little House books here's a great chance.
The Upcoming Week - School Mon/Tues/Wed Only!
Memory - None, short week.
Religion - Isaac, Rebekah, Jacob, Esau, and one of my favorite stories Jacob, Rachel, and Leah.
Reading - Begin a novel together. What novel? It's a secret...for now!
English - Personal Narratives. Describing Paragraphs.
Math - Shapes, fractions, adding money, lines, segments, rays, and angles.
Science - Continue electricity and magnetism.
Social Studies - Chapter 3: The New England States
Spelling - None, short week.