Spelling and Memory
Sometimes it's nice to have a short week off, but next week it's business as usual. Spelling lists and memory slips are attached to the printed newsletter coming home today.
Costume Day
Wednesday is costume day. The costume parade is immediately in the morning. Remember, costume judging will happen in the following categories: story book character, Biblical character, inanimate object, animal, historical character, and miscellaneous. Be creative, but of course, remember our school's guidelines - no ghosts, devils, weapons, etc.
The Costume Day Party will happen at the end of the day...and I don't have my note in front of me, but I think it is at 2:30. You should have received a note last week.
Chapel on Thursday
Because of Costume Day, Mr. Voelker and the seventh graders will lead chapel on Thursday morning instead of Wednesday. The theme will focus on Reformation Day and All Saints Day.
A Busy Week Ahead...And Possibly An Absolutely Crazy Week!!!
I will be gone next Friday, November 2. Last year I was invited to serve on the advisory board of the CCBC - that's the Cooperative Children's Book Center - at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. Friday is our fall meeting. For more information click here http://www.education.wisc.edu/ccbc/.
I also have the honor and priviledge of upholding my civic duty. In other words, I have been called for jury duty. My first possible date to report is next Thursday, November 1. I don't know how long it will last or how many days I report or, well, anything really. Every day I need to call and find out what to do the next day. Whether I am here or not is up in the air until the day before. I will do my best to have the children prepared for me being gone...if I'm gone. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
The Upcoming Week
Memory - At Home: Q1W7 Slips At School: 1. second commandment and meaning. 2. third commandment and meaning.
Religion - Joseph and his brothers and Joseph in Egypt.
Reading - Frindle. This is our reading book for a while. Frindle doesn't take the place of a silent reading book, so students need to be sure to have one of those as well.
English - Descriptive paragraphs. Revising, editing, proofreading, and publishing.
Math - Missing numbers in addition and subtraction, subtraction stories, fractions, multiplication, elapsed time.
Science - Electricity and magnetism. Test late in the week?
Social Studies - Finish chapter 3. Test late in the week? (I won't put both tests on the same day if I can avoid it.)
Spelling - SPELLING LIST, UNIT 7: carved, garden, harm, farther, barked, alarm, chart, starved, harder, parked, smartest, charge Extra Words: guard, hardware, harbor, garbage Bonus Words: compartment, argument