Wednesday and Thursday
I will be gone on Wednesday and Thursday this week. On Wednesday I will be at Our Savior's Lutheran School in Springfield, Illinois talking to their teachers and students about books. A former teacher here at Immanuel, Mr. Parris, is now the principal there and asked me to come when he learned I'd be in town on Thursday.
On Thursday I will still be presenting about literature at the Illinois Reading Council's annual convention in Springfield. I'll be driving back Thursday evening and in school, ready to go, on Friday because on Friday is...
The Andrew Peterson Concert
Andrew Peterson will be at Immanuel during the day. At 1:00 he will discuss his books with the older students, grades 4-8. We've already been brainstorming questions to ask. At 2:00 he will do a mini-concert for our students. How cool is that? The full concert is at 7:00 at the PAC. Immanuel families get tickets for their family at $5.00 each! All other tickets are $7.00 in advance and $10.00 at the door. If you haven't yet, check out http://andrewinrapids.blogspot.com.
Choir News
First of all, thanks to everyone for coming to St. Luke's and Immanuel these past two weeks to sing with the 3/4 grade choir. This Thursday is the annual swim night at Lincoln High School. No money is needed. Students may get into the locker room at 6:15 and the pool is open at 6:30. This event is open to all choir members, which means our entire class!
Prayer Request
We discussed this and prayed in class today, but I wanted to ask families to pray as well. One of our fifth graders here at Immanuel is in the hospital in Madison. (The kids can fill you in, but for digital privacy reasons, I'll leave the name out of this post.) I don't know many details, but as of noon today, family and doctors were still awaiting the results of various tests.
Please do what you can to avoid speculation or jumping to conclusions and please help your children to do the same. Above all, pray. Pray for healing, strength for the family, wisdom for the doctors, and that most of all, God's will - "for the good of all who love Him" - be done. Thanks.