Sorry, sorry, sorry for the late notice on this, and I know not everyone will see this tonight, but here's an announcement for tomorrow concerning Lutheran Schools Week.
Monday - tomorrow - is scheduled to be Literature Day / Dr. Seuss Day. It's actually Read Across America Day sponsored by the National Education Association, a day to encourage reading, and it's Dr. Seuss's birthday! As a part of the day, students are encouraged to dress as a favorite Dr. Seuss character. So here's the deal:
If you already had a plan to be Thing 1 and Thing 2 with a friend or to be the Cat in the Hat or any other plan (maybe even Gerald McBoing Boing) go with it. Keep your plan.
If you didn't, and here I admit that I forgot to discuss it with the class, I have a plan. It's easy. Wear a white t-shirt tomorrow. I have a Dr. Seuss book I'd like to share, and we can all easily be a character from that book.
Again, sorry, sorry, sorry, for the late notice. If you see or talk to anyone tonight, let them know. Pass the word around. I tried to catch everyone I saw at the FunFest today, but I know I missed some people. Feel free to wear your sweatshirt over it too, that'll be fine.
If it works, it works. If it doesn't, we'll roll with it and come up with the very best improvisation the Lutheran School World has ever seen! On a Monday. During Lutheran Schools Week. In 2009.