Don't forget! Tonight is the first Culver's Night of the year. Culver's donates 10% of all proceeds from people who say they are there for Immanuel back to the school. Unfortunately, my family will be there without me. We have a soccer game in Marshfield. I'll be supporting the Vesper Fire Department at their monthly brat fry.
If you have one of those music-liking fourth graders and he/she comes home talking about some cool sounding CD (or strange sounding CD, depending on their perspective), it's a new one I got that I shared with them. My favorite band, the David Crowder Band, just released their new album called Remedy. Two songs I played are "O, For A Thousand Tongues to Sing" - straight out of the hymnal, but not sounding like church - and a song called "We Won't Be Quiet." Both songs fit our class theme perfectly! For more information, check http://www.davidcrowderband.com/.
Finally, mark your calendars for next Tuesday. Immanuel's soccer team will be playing Assumption Middle School at 7:00 at Washington School. This is the second year we are playing under the lights on the varsity field. There will be pregame and halftime music, great people from school, and a great game to watch.